Friday, July 25, 2008

Camping with Toddler

I don't have much time to write as we are heading off for another weekend of camping, this time in The Metro. However, I did want to share my sweet camping treat for The Boy that I am bringing along. Now that it's been berry time for a couple of weeks, and we've been stocking up on blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries we some times end up with more than we can eat. When the berries start to get mushy, I toss them into our Magic Bullet and puree them. I pour the pureed mixed berries in little plastic containers and stick them in the freezer. When we pack up the coolers, I toss a few of these inside, they help keep things cool, and they make a great summer treat for the boy. After spending a day or two in the cooler they end up being a real fruit slushy to be enjoyed on a hot summer day. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

No comments: