Saturday, August 2, 2008

Shh We're In the Library

I learned my lesson. The Ramsey Country Library is not the place for a toddler. I know, they have story hours, and maybe then it's okay for The Boy to screach at the top of his lungs, but even then I think those that are enjoy the solitude of the library are going to be quite annoyed, even if The Boy is one of the cutest you've ever seen.

I was looking for some titles that haven't shown up at Half Price Books, and thought I would give the library a try. The Husband and The Boy came along for the trip. We found a great Elmo video and some jazzy kids music for The Boy to try out, and for those first few moments he did okay. Then we headed of to the aisles of non-fiction for myself and The Husband. We attempted to beat record speed at the relay race of "I take the boy, you look, you take the boy I look" but we came in last. The relay race ended with me out in the parking lot with the boy while The Husband quickly checked out our less than perfect finds.

I will go back to the library for more CDs, DVDs and books for all of us, I'll just drop the boy off with a grandparent before I do it, for the next few months anyway. We'll give it another go come winter when The Boy knows what "shh... we're in the library" means.

1 comment:

Tinker said...

I know it is not free but half.com has used books. It is like a ebay for books and dvds. I get some there and then give them to the mother-in-law. I can't keep up to her.