Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weeknight Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice

After someone gave me feedback on one of my recipes over at Minnmoms.com, I decided that there is indeed a need for sharing my quick weeknight recipes. So here is the first of many I hope:

Pineapple Fried Rice

2 diced chicken breasts
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 can chunk pineapple
small can bean sprouts
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 package Uncle Ben's 90 sec. microwavable brown rice
1 egg scrambled

1. Cook diced chicken in two tablespoons vegetable oil. Add soy sauce simmer 2 minutes.

2. Add pineapple, bean sprouts, peas and carrots, stir fry for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.

3. Add microwaved brown rice to the pan.

4. Add scrambled egg, stir fry another 1-2 minutes until egg is cooked.

1 comment:

Renee Miller said...

Hey Thrifty- just saw this one on Minnmoms and am ALL OVER IT tonight. Can't do the chicken due to the family vegetarian (my husband) so I'll throw in an extra egg.
I appreciate your efforts at making me look like I cared enough to make dinner. ;)